Click to access Canvas
How to get started as a new Canvas user
Canvas is NTI’s cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS). It is similar to Blackboard or Brightspace.
If you are an NTI student enrolled in a program that includes Canvas courses, then you should have received an email from NTI containing your NTI student email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and a termporary password. If you did not, please contact your teacher.
NTI uses Microsoft Office 365 (o365) for Single Sign-On (SSO). After signing into your o365 account, you will be able to access other NTI web-based accounts (like Canvas) without signing in again.
To log into Canvas (via o365), complete these steps:
- Browse to Canvas in another browser tab. You will be redirected to the o365 login page.
- Enter your new student.ntinow.edu email address as your username.
- Enter your temporary password.
- Click Sign In. You will be prompted to change your password.
- Enter a new password. Remember to record it in a safe place. You will be prompted to enter your personal email and phone number. This additional information adds a level of security to your account, and it allows o365 to help you reset your password if needed.
The next time you want to access Canvas, just click the Canvas link at the top of this page.
How to contact the Canvas support team
If you can access the Canvas Website
Browse to Canvas and, in the left-side navigation panel, click Help.
If you need academic help, click Ask you Instructor a Question, select a course, type a message, and click Send Message. Your instructor will send you a reply message and/or talk to you in-person.
If you need help working with Canvas, click Search the Canvas Guides to find the answer to your question.
If all else fails, click Report a Problem, type a subject and description, specify how the issue is affecting you, and click Submit Ticket. The NTI Canvas Support Team will contact you.
If you cannot access the Canvas Website
If you are on campus, inform your teacher.
Else, if you have access to email, send an email to email@example.com. For the email Subject, type Canvas Issue.
Else, call 1-800-447-1151. Your message will be routed to firstname.lastname@example.org.